We’re excited to welcome you back to Alabama’s dazzling, sun-drenched beaches!
We know you’ve missed it and we have, too!
Things won’t all be back to normal for a while. Like you, we’ve experienced the impacts of COVID-19 and we’ll all need to continue practicing health safety protocols like social distancing. We’re adhering to the highest standards of cleanliness in order to help prevent the spread of the virus. We ask that you do the same.
Here are some recommendations for your upcoming trip. If you have questions, please let us know! We’ll update this page as changes evolve.
- First and most important, be patient and kind. Everyone is experiencing higher levels of stress, and we’re all in it together.
- Bring groceries. Our stores have been impacted here just like everywhere else. Social distancing is in practice, and some items are in high demand and low supply. If you can bring it from your local store, that helps.
- Support local restaurants who are participating in curbside, takeout and delivery. Visit gulfshores.com for a detailed list of who is open.
- Paper products are in high demand! If you can bring from home, we do suggest it.
- Bring hand sanitizer, wipes, laundry and dish detergent, and garbage bags.
- Should you choose to wear masks while you are out, please bring them from home. Local supply is low.
- Practice social distancing. This is required on the beach, at pools, and other public gathering locations. Stay six feet apart; limit non-household groups to 10 people or less.
- Leave Only Footprints. It’s more important than ever. It’s also sea turtle season as of May 1. For more information, visit cleanisland.org and alabamaseaturtles.com.
- If you know you’ll be making a return trip to Gulf Shores & Orange Beach, consider purchasing gift cards for your next visit. Restaurant and attraction gift cards purchased now mean savings later and help our local economy at the same time. We want all of our great businesses to be here when you visit us later.
- Have fun! Even with some limitations in place, this is a fabulous time to visit the beach. We’re thrilled to have you here and want you to enjoy your stay.